Ask the pendulum
First of all you have to empty your mind. Think clearly about your (which accept a yes or no answer) and just write it below.
How to use a pendulum ?
Some people may practice a form of ritual before using the pendulum (like putting it under water).
This ceremonial may 'purify' the object or even to put oneself in a receptive state of mind.
From my experience, it is quite possible to use the pendulum directly. The next steps are the following:
- Try to relax.
- Hold the chain between your thumb and forefinger. Let your pendulum hang so that it is free to swing in any direction. There is no imposed position. The important is that you feel comfortable. After training, you will be able to try out different positions and choose the one in which your pendulum moves fastest.
- If the pendulum moves, use your free hand to hold it still. Then you can let it go.
- Think strongly "Yes". The pendulum should gradually start to oscillate in one direction.
- Make it still again.
- Think strongly "No". The pendulum should start swinging the other way.
That's it ! You are now ready to ask your first question.
Why does the pendulum swing ?
The scientific hypothesis is that the rotation of the pendulum is created by what is called the "Ideomotor phenomenon". This is a psychological phenomenon that causes unconscious muscular movements.
Is the pendulum reliable ?
It is true that it is amazing to see the pendulum turning in one direction or the other.
If it was always rotating in the same direction it would be less disconcerting.
And when you are used to the technique, it's even more surprising when it doesn't move.
There are two main applications of the pendulum.
- The first is to answer a yes or no questions.
The theory is that the pendulum allows us to ask directly our unconscious.
This would imply that only questions whose answers are known by our unconscious could receive valid answers.
Moreover, there is no certainty that our unconscious would not lie to us or to 'himself'.
It could also depend on the type of question.
If you have an exam coming up where you just have to check boxes, you can make the test. But don't blame the pendulum if you fail. 😂
- The second main application is to find water underground.
In this case there is two theory.
- Our unconscious would be capable of decoding signs in a natural environment which would allow it to perceive the water tables. For example the fact that the grass is greener in certain places, or the presence of certain types of vegetation.
- The Radiesthesia theory: The masses of water would emit a kind of magnetic field which would be detectable by our brain.
But no scientist has ever been able to prove it, to isolate these magnetic waves.
In addition, some experiments have been done in the real life and have never produced positive results. But the true is that, the protocols I read about, didn't make no real sense. Plastic pipes are laid out on the floor about 1 meter apart. Water is then passed through one of the pipes and dowsers are asked to find out which one it is.
We can notice that dowsing is still a practice in use in the countryside. It still remains a mystery. For wild animals, water is the most important resource. the ability to find it quickly is a matter of life and death.
Animals have sometimes astonishing abilities. There's an hypothesis that say that pigeons find their way thanks to the Earth's magnetic field. Some animals know in advance that there's going to be an earthquake. Nature hasn't yet revealed all its secrets.
A note: In the case of searching for water, a Dowsing Rod is often used, because it is more practical to use when walking.
Is the online pendulum reliable ?
On this website you can use the divinatory pendulum to answer a questions by yes or no. The pendulum's responses come from chance, just as a Tarot Card Reading.
You could ask : Could this be a way to directly question the Matrix ? (like in the 1999 Wachowski's movie) ?
But even in this case one could ask a fundamental question: Why would the simulation tell you the truth ? Because, if you are in a virtual world, the simulation is already lying to you since the beginning...
How to choose a pendulum ?
If you want to buy a pendulum, I think the best thing to do is to try it in real life. If you are living in a big city, you will surely find an esoteric store.
I bought mine in Madrid (where there are dozens of this kind of stores). I don't know if there is a perfect way to choose, but I'll tell you how I did it:
- I went to several stores until I found one that had a very large selection (around 200 different models).
- I started by excluding certain types of pendulum that didn't suit me. For example, I didn't want one that you can open and put material inside (but it can be important for you).
- Then I focused on metal pendulums (that's the material I wanted) and I tested the ones I found pretty. I finally selected the one that oscillated the best.
- But I thought it would be interesting to test other materials.
And then, big surprise with a pendulum made of wood.
It was turning really fast and strongly, much more than all the others.
I came for one pendulum and I went back home with two.
Strangely, later, back home, the difference in dexterity between the two pendulums was much less important.
The reason may be that I was more nervous when testing the second pendulum.
I imagine some crafty people will drink two cups of coffee before using their favorite divination object !