Ask the pendulum
First of all you have to empty your mind. Think clearly about your (which accept a yes or no answer) and just write it below.
About the pendulum
The dowsing was for a long time associated to the water finders who use rods (famous divining rods) to find groundwater currents. With the evolution of its use, various applications have emerged, like the divination pendulum that answers you by 'yes' or 'no'.
Goals transform a random walk into a chase. Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
What is a pendulum ?
Generally speaking, a pendulum is simply a weight suspended from a thread or chain. The online pendulum is simple to use and gives you an immediate answer, but it is only available in the virtual world. If you want to test it in real life but you don't own one, then, you can experiment by using objects you will find in your environment.
Making a pendulum
The thread you will use can be for example:
- A thin chain that you usually use to attach jewelry to your neck.
- A thread that you use in the kitchen.
- Sewing thread.
The weight can be:
- One of your jewels that doesn't weigh too much.
- A nut.
- A coin with a hole in it.
Hold the pendulum
Hook the weight to the chain and hold this one between your thumb and forefinger. Let your pendulum hang so that it is free to swing in any direction. There is no imposed position. The important is that you feel comfortable. Now you are ready to use your homemade pendulum.
How to use a pendulum ?
Some people may practice a form of ritual before using the pendulum (like putting it under water).
This ceremonial may 'purify' the object or even to put oneself in a receptive state of mind...
From my experience, it is quite possible to use the pendulum directly. The next steps are the following:
- Try to relax.
- Hold the chain of your pendulum with your fingertips, let it hang, and block it with your other hand so that he is still.
- The position you take should be, above all, convenient.
- When it is totally still you can let it go.
- Think strongly "Yes". The pendulum should gradually start to swing in one direction.
- Make it still again.
- Think strongly "No". The pendulum should start swinging the other way.
That's it ! You are now ready to ask your first question.
Why does the pendulum swing ?
The scientific hypothesis is that the rotation of the pendulum is created by what is called the "Ideomotor phenomenon". This is a psychological phenomenon that causes unconscious muscular movements.
Is the pendulum reliable ?
It is true that it is amazing to see the pendulum turning in one direction or the other.
If it was always rotating in the same direction it would be less disconcerting.
And when you are used to the technique, it's even surprising when it doesn't move.
My use of the pendulum is for fun. But everyone is free to believe what they want.
Science has never been able to demonstrate that this practice is effective. Especially in the field of dowsing (searching for underground water) where experiments are easier to set up.
If you have an exam coming up where you just have to check boxes, you can make the test. But don't blame me if you fail. 😂
Is the online pendulum reliable ?
On this website you can use a divinatory pendulum to answer a questions by yes or no. The algorithm that gives you the result is based on random numbers. So don't give it too much importance unless... you think you live in the Matrix !
But even in this case one could ask a fundamental question: Why would the Matrix tell you the truth ? Because if we are in a virtual world, the simulation is already lying to you since the beginning...
How to choose a pendulum ?
If you want to buy a pendulum, I think the best thing to do try it in real life. If you are living in a big city, you will surely find an esoteric store.
I bought mine in Madrid (where there are dozens of this kind of stores). I don't know if there is a perfect way to choose, but I'll tell you how I did it:
- I went to several stores until I found one that had a very large selection (around 200 different models).
- I started by excluding certain types of pendulum that didn't suit me. For example, I didn't want one that you can open ands put material inside.
- Then I focused on metal pendulums (that's the material I wanted) and I tested the ones I found pretty. I finally selected the one that turned the best.
- But I thought it would be interesting to test other materials. And then, big surprise with a pendulum made of wood. It was turning really fast and strongly, much more than all the others. I came for one pendulum and I went back home with two. Strangely, later, the difference in dexterity between the two pendulums was much less important.